My body is a whole new place.
This is really interesting. Sharing my dance journeys from this side of the mothering. I feel like there’s been a renovation in the temple of my understandings. While I experienced an intense connection to my body for pregnancy, labor, birth, and breastfeeding, I have grown detached in other ways, especially the dance-creative parts of me. So, I’m admitting that there’s this silence, a drought, or maybe a kinetic hibernation. But something is different about my relationship to the dance. And while I continue to sift through the dance work that has inspired so much beauty and power in my life and share those stories, I will also be documenting this awakening-dissolving-regenerating-changing nature of the dance in my new mothering body.
Dance work & journeys
- Essays and stories about my dance projects, workshops, dance journeys, facilitation processes, experiments with communities around the world, conducting space activation labs, my life as a Visionary Space Activator, and more.
- Booty Folklore + Liberated booty theories I am creating and writing a living myth that explores the origins of the booty’s powers and humanity’s relationship to that power.
- The dancer is here, an essay series Like I said, I am figuring out who I am as a dancering mother. I am also tracing through all my creative identity spaces, and telling stories about my experiences and reservations with certain labels. Dancer. Choreographer. Mother of Movement. Visionary Space Activator. Dancering Mommy. I keep evolving, and then I have to recover the dance from its new process in my body. This takes time. | This series is a part of the collection of essays and stories exploring identity for self, family, and artist, Of Roots & Rivers: Mapping Mutable Identities.
- Movement Facilitation Learn how to work with me. I design customized movement experiences, dance labs, and community dance programs for youth, women, and artists.
- Dancing on film Watch videos of dance projects and excerpts.